Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tuesday Taste: No One Belongs Here More Than You (1)



"It still counts, even though it happened when he was unconscious. It counts doubly because the conscious mind often makes mistakes, falls for the wrong person. But down there in the well, where there is no light and only thousand-year-old water, a man has no reason to make mistakes. God says do it and you do it. Love her and it is so. He is my neighbor. He is of Korean descent. His name is Vincent Chang. He doesn't do hapkido. When you say the word "Korean," some people automatically thing of Jackie Chan's South Korean hapkido instructor, Grandmaster Kin Jin Pal; I think of Vincent." 

(Taken from the short story "The Shared Patio" by Miranda July)

My comment: This first story in Miranda July's short story collection is written in a very interesting voice, and from peaking at the stories in the rest of the collection I have a feeling that I am going to be reading stories that all have a distinct voice, but that are all completely different. I can't wait to keep reading this collection, because I think it's going to be great. 


You can find more information about the book here, and the author here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment. You're awesome!