Monday, October 19, 2015

The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Published: August 18th, 2015
Publisher: Dial Books
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 432
Format: Hardback
Rating: ♥♥♥♥ (4,5)

Surprises abound and sparks ignite in the highly anticipated, utterly romantic companion to My Life Next Door

Tim Mason was The Boy Most Likely To:
- find the liquor cabinet blindfolded
- need a liver transplant
- drive his car into a house

Alice Garrett was The Girl Most Likely To:
- well, not date her little brother’s baggage-burdened best friend, for starters.
For Tim, it wouldn’t be smart to fall for Alice. For Alice, nothing could be scarier than falling for Tim. But Tim has never been known for making the smart choice, and Alice is starting to wonder if the “smart” choice is always the right one. When these two crash into each other, they crash hard. Then the unexpected consequences of Tim’s wild days come back to shock him. He finds himself in a situation that isn’t all it appears to be, that he never could have predicted . . . but maybe should have. And Alice is caught in the middle. 

Told in Tim’s and Alice’s distinctive, disarming, entirely compelling voices, this return to the world of My Life Next Door is a story about failing first, trying again, and having to decide whether to risk it all once more.

My thoughts on it:
This book was, like all of Huntley Fitzpatrick's books, wonderful. She is one of those authors that make you happy no matter what she writes, and I have enjoyed all of her books. While My Life Next Door, is and will always be my favorite, this one still blew me away, it was so nice to dive deeper into Tim and Alice's characters, to get to know them in this book (it was also nice to read about Jase and Samantha again). I really enjoyed the dual point of view that you get as Tim and Alice tell the story in alternating parts. I found that I felt for Tim and his struggles and enjoyed seeing him grow up quite a lot during the course of this book. I also enjoyed Alice as a character because she develops just as much as Tim does in this story. It was so nice to see a softer side to Alice in this book, and to see them come together and make each other better people.

I enjoyed the storyline a lot as well, it was interesting and kept me engaged in the story, because I just wanted to see what would happen. I won't say more about the plot because I don't want to spoil anything, but this truly is a very cute book, and if you enjoy stories about growing up, falling in love and learning to deal with life, I would really recommend that you pick this up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment. You're awesome!