Saturday, October 3, 2015

september favorites ♥

 Full on face make-up has not been my priority this month, or during the summer for that matter, and so I have completely altered my everyday make-up routine by changing it up and going back to what I used to do back in high school; simple with just concealer on the worst problem areas. So here are the products that I've been reverting back to almost every day this month.


To start things off, I have to mention my holy grail skin care product, and it is the Nourishing Night Facial Oil by SuneetaCosmetics. I found out about this brand when I was wandering through Portobello Road Marked on a saturday last year, and I came across a small booth where a man and a woman were selling homemade, organic and vegan products (at least most of them). I was drawn in very quickly and ended up standing there looking at all their products and hearing about them for at least 20 minutes, before spending a fiver (5 pounds), on five different products, but this night oil was an instant favorite. It is basically a blend of different oils and essential oils, and it works like a dream! I put it on most nights before I go to bed and in the morning my skin feels amazingly soft and hydrated. I think this will work for you no matter your skin type, because it is that kind of product, and because it's an oil, it won't strip your skin of it's natural oils, it will just give it an extra boost. And not to worry, this won't make your face more oily, because you hydrate your skin at night you won't notice an oily film or anything in the morning. Another plus is that this stuff also smells amazing. Above I have linked the website as well as the specific product and I highly recommend you go check it out, they also have lots of other products several of which I have tried, but this month the night oil was a big help with my skin.

Secondly I have to mention my two favorite lipsticks this month, which are from a really affordable brand called Revolution, it's sold at Superdrug in the UK for really cheap, about 1 or 2 pounds per lipstick I believe. When I bought them I wasn't really expecting that much, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well formulated they are. The two I love are both matte shades, one is called Divine and the other Nude. I think they're great everyday lipsticks, and I'm not usually that into lipstick, but I have been reaching for these a lot this month.

I am also LOVING KIKO's Eye Marker in Deep Black, it makes putting on eyeliner a dream. It is so simple and easy, and I just really enjoy it, I have therefore been rocking eyeliner most days this month. I'd really recommend this if you're looking for a quality eyeliner that is not too expensive.

Speaking of eyes, I have been very focused on brows this month, because I purchased a bunch of brow products before leaving London this month. I am really enjoying Revolution's FOCUS & FIX Eyebrow Shaping Kit. I'm the color medium dark and I have gotten so much use out of this, I especially love the eyebrow wax that comes in the kit, it does such a good job at keeping your eyebrows looking good and fixed all day. Really recommend this, and it's only about 2-3 pounds, so not bad at all.

The concealer I have been sticking to for the past few months in the RIMMEL: London Lasting Finish Concealer, and it is amazing! It is high coverage, and covers up what ever you need to cover up. I LOVE this product, it's just amazing, and I am definitely buying it again, there is no doubt in my mind.

For warming up my face a little, with highlighter and bronzer, I have, yet again, been sticking to a product from Revolution, and that is the Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit in Ultra Light/Medium. I love the highlighter in this, because it is a very warm color and the contour works amazingly as well.

Some other products I have been loving is Soap & Glory's mascara Thick and Fast, a nail polish from KIKO in 06, and a glittery nail polish from Monki (the clothing store).


What skincare and make-up have you been reaching for this month?


Love, H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment. You're awesome!