Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tuesday Taste: Everything Sucks But I'm Still Happy (3)


"This is losing your father and virginity within a month of each other. A sweaty back sticking to the fogged up window of my 16 year old boyfriend's car. The smell. Musty and sweet, and clinical, like running a marathon and having a check up at the doctors office all at once. The pungent latex from the condom, the ammonia-bleach-like semen, and all these things I wasn't really supposed to be smelling in the midst of grief." 


My comment: I have started reading this collection of essays, and there is something very emotional and beautiful about the way Ari Eastman writes. It is brutally honest as well as very relatable. She writes about her experiences, about loss and heartache, and just trying to get trough the toughest days. I see myself in her writing a lot of the time, which is why I think I enjoy it so much. I encourage you to give it a try also.


You can find more information about the book here, and the author here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment. You're awesome!