Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

16101168


Published: July 9th, 2013
Publisher: Speak
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 338
Format: Paperback
Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the negihborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.




If there is one thing I love reading when I´m having a bad day - it is Stephanie Perkins´ books. The pages of Lola and the Boy Next Door were filled with sweet words and wonderful characters. I loved every minute of reading this book, it´s just too bad it isn´t longer because I would love love love to read more about these two lovebirds. I loved how original and completely herself Lola is, her style and her personality. I also enjoyed the fact that none of Stephanie Perkins´ characters are perfect, they are all beautifully flawed in their own way and it is wonderful.

Now. Let´s talk Cricket. Because he might just be perfect. I loved Cricket and I still think about him sometimes, even though it´s been quite a while since I actually finished the book. He is just a sweetheart and you have to love him.

Another aspect of the book that warmed my heart was seeing Anna and St.Clair again, they are still as cute as they were in Anna and the French Kiss, and I can´t wait to see them again in Isla and the Happily Ever After. All in all yet another wonderful read from the mind of Stephanie Perkins.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment. You're awesome!