Monday, February 27, 2012

Untraceable by S.R. Johannes



Release Date: November 23, 2011
Publisher: Coleman & Stott
Age Group: Young Adult

Pages: 312
Format: Ebook
Challenge: 70 book challenge

16-year-old Grace has lived in the Smokies all her life, patrolling with her forest ranger father who taught her about wildlife, tracking, and wilderness survival.   
When her dad goes missing on a routine patrol, Grace refuses to believe he’s dead and fights the town authorities, tribal officials, and nature to find him. 
One day, while out tracking clues, Grace is rescued from danger by Mo, a hot guy with an intoxicating accent and a secret. As her feelings between him and her ex-boyfriend get muddled, Grace travels deep into the wilderness to escape and find her father.  
Along the way, Grace learns terrible secrets that sever relationships and lives. Soon she’s enmeshed in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. And it’s going to take a lot more than a compass and a motorcycle (named Lucifer) for this kick-butting heroine to save everything she loves.
Review 
Ok, where do I start.. This book took me forever to read, over a month, witch is something that never happens to me. I've been really busy so I have not had time to read anything other than school related things, but I usually still manage to read something, but with this book, that just didn't happen unfortunately.
The story has a very nice premise when you read the synopsis, it sound great, and I was really looking forward to reading it. Which might be some of the reason why I was disappointed by it. I felt that it just dragged on, and that the main character - Grace, only did one thing, tracing. I just got tired off all the constant tracing, I couldn't help it, I just felt that it was described in such detail that the story lost it's drive.

On the other hand the story had some aspects to it that I really enjoyed, I enjoyed the romance that came into the picture between Grace and a certain other character, it was sweet.
I did enjoy the mystery of the book, it was good, whenever you thought you knew what was going on there were twists that led you somewhere you'd never expected. Another plus where the characters, in particular Grace, she was strong and I love a strong heroin.
The book is a thriller, and that might be part of why I didn't love it, because it's not what I usually read, but at the same time, I have read some thrillers that I've loved, and this just wasn't that, unfortunatly. I know others have absoluty love this book, and that's good for them, but my opinion is that is wasn't for me and that's just how it is.

Overall the book was ok, not great, it had some aspects to it that I really enjoyed and I think it's still worth checking out, I would recommend borrowing it at a library or from a friend. The reason why I rated the book like I did was because I didn't really enjoy the beinning of it, that's my personal opinion and others might think diferently which I totally understand.

I liked it:

Until next time - happy reading ,
Helene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment. You're awesome!