Saturday, January 21, 2012

My 12 goals of 2012

Hey Guys,
So I know this blog post is very late when you think about that the new year started almost a month ago, but I figured it would be fun to share the 12 things I want to accomplish in 2012 with you. 12 things because it's 2012, obviously.

01. Read 100 books.
I can honestly say I am being very optimistic about this, because if I want to read 100 books in a year, I will have to read approximately 2 books per week to be able to succeed. This might prove to be difficult, but I will try all the same. Didn't someone once say that the way to success is through failure? Ok, so maybe no one said that, but they should have. Technically I just said it, feel free to quote me, haha.


02. Get into a university in London.
I want to study in London. English, that is what I want to study. I have to get in, I just have to.

03. Write a book.
Already started this one and I can proudly say I already have 1200 words. This shit is happening. Oh, and I also would like to attempt to translate a Norwegian book into English, and I feel like that can go under this goal as well, because they are both about writing.

04. Complete at least 15 things on my list of things to do before I die.
Well, at least I have a lot to choose from. The list currently consists of about 250 things and it is still growing.

05. Work harder at school.
I really want amazing grades this year, so it is goodbye social life and hello textbooks. I will be enjoying a lot of alone time with my amazing history book. The worst thing about this is that this year is really focused on the social aspect surrounding school because you become something called a Russ your last year of upper secondary school here in Norway. All you do is basically; party and consume endless amounts of alcohol for the month of May.


06. Get a second job.
I am taking a year off from studying to earn money so that I can go to university, because it's expensive in England. I guess I could just go here in Norway where it's basically free, but that's no fun. Let's all get huge loans and pay them off till the end of time, that's the way to go. As you can see, I obviously have no logical logic.

07. Spend my money more wisely.
So, basically - don't waste my money buying crap I don't need. Like clothes, because I am not giving up books.


08. Work-out more.
What more is there to say about this?

09. Enjoy every second you have with the ones you love.
I have realized lately that after this year I might not see my best friends for a while because so many are going of to study in other parts of the country and other parts of the world even.

10. Get my drivers license.
Yup. I am doing it. Bring on the driving!

11. Learn how to speak Italian or French.
I hope I can do this, because I just love the way these languages sound. I also want to have some basic knowledge of the language before I eventually go there.

12. Travel 10 places you've never been before.
Oh yeah! I am definitely doing this one. It will be awesome! I am already traveling to London during Easter and I've never been there before, so one down, nine more to go. I also count places I have not been in my own country in this, not just other countries. Because even though Norway isn't particularly big, there are many places I have never been, like Bergen - I really want to go there.


Do you have any goals for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment. You're awesome!